The whole reason I started this blog was not just to chronicle our vacation and experience leading up to it. Yes, that is a very nice side effect. However, my reasoning is thus: cruise blogs, reviews, etc., never have all the information that I want.
So after all is said and done, after our cruise is over, this blog will have all the information that people never put. Like what? you may be wondering.
1. Are there diaper changing stations in every public bathroom, and if not, where are they located?
2. More detail about kids clubs. The pictures online don't give much detail (hoping to get pictures and video of club).
3. Better video/pictures of stateroom. (I really had to search for pictures of the balcony for our stateroom, and video? Nope.) If people take pictures/video they do not post them for the public.
4. More small kid related things--how scary are the toilets to toddlers/preschoolers? Can they open the balcony door? Bed set-ups (may have a crib for 2 y/o, it all depends on how hard I push transition to bed from crib beforehand)--can our 4 year old sleep in the upper bunk without falling or being scared? Kids reactions to being on such a ginormous ship/the ocean/beaches, etc.
5. How do other cruisers respond to our adorable kids? Granted this will be purely for our own benefit, but I'm interested in how little kids are treated by strangers in a closed environment like this.
6. How do Carnival employees treat our boys? In public, kids get all sorts of reactions from employees of various places. Generally, they are ignored by hotel employees. Will the cruise staff be different?
7. Can our boys sit through dinner in the main dining room? We never go out to eat, so this may be an issue.
8. Is a stroller a help or hinderance?
9. Doing laundry. Carnival has self-laundry facilities. I plan to poke around them, and use them! to see how well they do with kid mess on clothes.
10. More more more! I know there's a ton more stuff I will be looking into. This cruise isn't just a vacation for me. I hope to help other families with their cruise decisions. Months of research and slogging through forums and blogs isn't most people's idea of fun before their vacation (it's my idea of fun though!) so if I can cut down on the work for anyone, yay!
If anyone has anything they want me to look into while we are on Carnival Pride, please post here and let me know.